Wednesday, September 16, 2009

random-ness

Shout to the Lord, all the earth let us sing,
Power and majesty, praise to the King!
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar,
At the sound of your name!
I sing for joy at the work of your hands,
Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You.

The phrase that I used to sing all my heart out during Sunday church service struck my mind few days back when I came across a client of mine with series of unfortunate events in her life. She is someone who share the same name as me, Jane and someone who neither complain nor talk much during the treatment. Somehow, I felt that He is watching me all these while and have me meet with people who are like me, the child of Christ. From them, I learned something more and bringing me closer to him. Jane asked me why didn't I go to the church on Sunday and I told her my oddities. Then again, she insisted that I should be doing the bible studying with my team mates in the church. I then tell her: "Being unable to go to the church doesn't draw me apart form Him, in fact, I am even closer to Him when I am not anywhere closer to His sanctuary. During one of the Sunday service; one of the pastor said something that brought me to realization and the true meaning of being His children: laugh with Him and cry with Him. Sad to say, not many of us truly understand the meaning of that sentence. It seems like we have been overjoy with the achievements that we made and forget His existence. Yet, when it comes to oddities and disappointments in life, we tend to put the blame on Him for His absence. Regardless to the sins we have committed and the blames we put on Him, He'll still wait for our return; ready to protect us under His open arms. It may sound funny to many older Christians if I were to declare myself the child of Christ while I am one of the least who doesn't attend the Sunday service. Then again, don't you agree that people go to church for a purpose like: "God, help me, SOS" and not " God, here I am on this Sunday morning with my intention non other than giving you praises and sing for you"? I will never decline that I am not one of those with "God, help me, SOS" but like what I've said, I came to realization and thank God for bringing me to His sanctuary where I found myself." She was quiet for a moment and then her lips curved into a weak smile as she said " Yes, you are right." It will be a surprise to people when I tell them that I don't really blend well with people from my church for in their eyes, I am a girl who blends well with people. The reason is simple : I barely talk when I was in the church. Why? Again, Lord brought out my inner self when I was there in His sanctuary. Every sermons and songs played during the service, I tend to talk to Him softly and feel His presence every now and then. You do not need to be someone who goes to church every Sunday; read the bible every night or pray before your every meals to be devoted to Him. The miracles that He brought to my life in every single way amazed me and made me believe His existence in my life. I wouldn't need to declare myself His child or even made myself visible to the churches that I am indeed His child. It touches me when I realize the attempts He made in meeting me with His children for I have met a few other fellowships before Jane. From them, I feel the love He showered me with, especially with Jane. She was guided through her hard times in life when she has lost all her hopes with the death of her husband and son. However, for Lord, she lived through the pain and now, she is living blissfully with the company of her only family member: her daughter. You see, Lord play His role similar to our parents: someone who never give up on His child who gives up on Him. Whenever trouble come looking for me, I tend to look up at the sky, searching for Him and He never fail me with my favourite quotes from the bible that play in my head: thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. That was how I brace myself everyday for the oddities that hit me along my journey called life. For He guided me through the storms in life and for Him, I am standing here, ready to hit the road called, life.

No comments: